Sunday, February 16, 2014

Buddy Corgi: Water Shield

Started to wear the shoe out and realise a potential problem, water stain. I believe this is a common problem with suede leather since they are unlike other leather which comes treated, they are like a dry piece of cloth that absorbs water readily.

And luckily I still have a bottle of the Obenauf's WaterShield product that I bought years back. I only used them on my canvas, fabric products since the LP and Leather Oil already waterproofs the leather shoes that I have. So finally this comes in handy for a leather product.

Let's try.


Before:







After:


The leather appeared to have darken quite a bit from the treatment. I'm fine with that actually. Just makes me curious what would had happen if the leather is beige/white. Hmmmm.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...