Sunday, April 24, 2011

Red Wing Sizing

I believe most of you who bought Red Wing Shoes had been bothered by the Sizing issues.

Here's the most often said tip that you get when you search on the internet:

"Size down 0.5 or 1 size for Red Wing shoes" - Reason? They are made to worn with thick wool socks so they are actually 0.5 or 1 size larger.

Now your question. So is it 0.5 or 1 size? Personally, I think size down 0.5 will be just nice. If in the event that after sizing down 0.5 and it still runs a little larger, you can always add insoles to make up for it. But if you size down too much, there's no possible way to make up for the crampy space.

I wear 9.5 for Clarks DB. For Red Wing, I got my feet measured in the Red Wing Store here in Suntec City, Singapore and according the to Brannock Device, I'm a 9.5

But the problem is, I have to choose between a size 9 OR a size 10 as Singapore do not carry half sizes.

I went for the larger size.

And all these months, I been wondering if I made the right choice.

Happen to surf around and saw this bit of information online. I hope this will be useful for those torn in between 2 sizes..

From the Red Wing Germany website:
"Sie sollten bei der Größenwahl nicht geizig sein. Wenn Sie zwischen 2 Größen stehen wählen Sie bitte die größere von beiden." 

Using Google Transate: 
"They should not be stingy with the size of choice. If you are between 2 sizes, please select the larger of the two."

So there you go. I made the right choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...