Saturday, March 26, 2011

Applying Leather Oil to my Combat Boots!?

"Are you crazy??"

"You siao-on ah?" (Outrageously on-the-ball)

These will be the comments I will be hearing if I tell people I had applied Obenauf's Leather Oil to my 10-years old combat boots. This pair of boots had been serving me well for the past decade. The first few months of wearing it was terrible. Taking in and out was as shaving a piece of my flesh off. Blisters, bruises, cuts. You name it. It took a long time to break in. But now, it feels like a pair of sneakers and the newer version of the issued combat boots, although they are comfortable out-of-the-box, doesn't feel as sturdy as this older version.

Well I was feeling bored and decided to put some TLC to this pair of boots that had serve me well. I still need them for at least 6-7 years so I figure the extra effort will be better.

Here are some pictures of how it looks like before and after Oiling.

Top: Before
Bottom: After

you know the drill









Overall feel, the oil gets absorbed like a camel being fed with water after months of desert walk. Initially the boots felt like they are gonna break like a dried piece of biscuit the next time an impact hits it. Now its soft yet retains its strength like never before. All in all, good food for the boots!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...